Jon is active in the accessibility community, researching and developing solutions, and helping practitioners better their skills. He regularly delivers training to development and testing teams, and has worked all over the world with big brands (Virgin, Sainsbury’s, Comcast), government agencies (Land Registry, Met Office, Office for National Statistics) and charities (Alzheimer’s Society, Cancer Research UK, RNIB).
His approach to accessibility is practical and based on building empathy with users through experiencing accessibility issues first hand. His technical understanding of accessibility is deep and rich with detail, making him the ideal speaker for development or testing teams.
Key areas of interest
- Mobile accessibility, including iOS and Android apps, and responsive websites
- Advanced testing techniques
- Accessible user experience design
- iOS and Android accessibility APIs (AccessU 2017)
- Accessible UX: Going beyond WCAG (ID24 2016), also recorded live on YouTube
- Introduction to mobile accessibility (Digpen 2014)
The best training that I have been on. The ability to make it immediately relevant to what we are currently working on was invaluable.
Peter Campion, Business Analyst in Test, Simplyhealth
Fascinating talk about experiencing digital accessibility. Bad accessibility = bad UX.
Natalie Sanchez, UX Designer, Cancer Research UK
Really enjoyable. Changed the way I think about accessibility.
Aaron Marr, Web Developer, University College Falmouth