Screen reader workshop
This is an informal workshop that can be delivered as a hour lunch and learn through to a full day workshop demonstrating how a screen reader works. The sessions are run by Ksenia, an everyday user of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver .
You can see how a person with no sight would navigate around a website or software and bring to life the reasoning behind accessibility guidelines , ask questions and review your own content with an expert screen reader user.
The day can cover both desktop screen readers JAWS and NVDA for Windows, VoicerOver on Mac as well as mobile screen readers VoiceOver and TalkBack.
- What a screen reader is and how it works
- Navigation tools for blind users
- Desktop screen readers JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver for Mac
- Mobile screen readers VoiceOver and TalkBack
- Audience: designed for anyone wanting a better understanding of how a screen reader user would navigate using text to speech software
- Participants: 1 to 6
- Duration: 1 hour, half day and 1 day